Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Don't psychoanalyze me!

I heard this quote from a song and at first it didn't phase me but now that I listened to it over and over again, it really started to make me angry. It goes a little something like this:
"Maybe I'm wrong, you decide. I should have been strong, yeah I lied."

Ok, first of all why in the hell would you want someone else to decide if you're wrong or not?!?! I being a person who does not like to be proven wrong would not want someone telling me that I was wrong. So why would you leave it up to another person whose judgement is so incompetent compared to your own? I tell ya. This just aggravates me. Oh and the whole, I should have been strong part. Yeah ok, what the hell does that mean? How is lying to someone not make you strong? Does it mean that only the weak lie? I think not. I am not weak and admittedly I lie on occasion. Lying is a way of life. I am not preaching to anyone by saying that lying is okay because it's not. It's really not cool but if lying for a good reason makes you...well lie then I don't see how you're weak in this sense. I think in that case you would be made stronger by lying for someone if it was for a good reason.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing this song a bit too much. I mean the next line after that is "Nobody gets me like you." So I guess I may have been going a little bit crazy thinking about this. Oh well. I'll get over it.

Top O' Da Mornin' to ya! (Okay I guess it's the afternoon, but I don't know how that would be said in Irish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment