Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Love has many faces

This blog post was inspired by Tia Thao

There are many different kinds of love. You love your family (hopefully otherwise you're probably going to hell) You love your friends (I mean if you don't then why are you friends with them in the first place. Oh I get it the whole keep your enemies closer thing. I gotcha. Shhh) And there the people you love who will never really know you love them (and I don't mean secret crushes. Celebrities! duh!)

There are a lot (and I mean A LOT) of celebrities that I love. You all know that. I can't even keep track sometimes. But there comes a time when you really have to evaluate the reasons behind your love for these people.

There are usually 2 types of celebrities. Actors and singers. And I have come to find that there is a difference between the love you have for an actor and the love you have for a singer.

Let's begin shall we. Well I'm going to be discussing the British community in particular. :D

Orlando Bloom.
Born: January 13, 1977 (Yes, I know his b-day off the top of my head)

So I first saw this beautiful man in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. (One of my all time favorite movies) And first of all I was blown away by how awesome the movie was in the first place and then I noticed him and how......gorgeous he is. sigh. :D

So after that I pretty much was dedicated to everything about him. I've seen a vast majority of his movies and definitely seen my majority of his interviews (Oh the joys of Youtube) I also have a fabulous poster of him that is just breathe taking and I have one of him from POTC 3: At Word's End.

So here's my point to be exactly: Actors pretend to be someone else, while at the same time being themselves. Many actors real personalities come out in the roles that they play and that helps to make the character more real and more relatable. So what I think is that even though I watched all of those movies because of Orlando, I have also come to love the characters he plays.

An Elf from Rivendale, a pirate in the Caribbean, a Trojan in Troy, a troubled young man in Caymen, a suicidal shoe maker , a composer with writers block and so many others.

Although he is not any of these people in real life he still puts all of his heart into his roles. He makes them come alive and makes people love him and want to root for him. He brings himself out while he pretends to be someone else. And that's what I find to be so inspiring.

Joe Brooks
Born: May 18, 1987 (I had to look this one up)

I first discovered him....on Monday actually. Again I have Youtube to thank for this. I would just like to say that his kid (Ok a 23 year old is not exactly a kid) has some major ass talent. I mean seriously. He is going to be incredibly famous. Anyways as a singer his heart is already in the songs he sings. The lyrics are his and I assume that they depict the life that he's living right at this very moment. The song titles themselves say a lot about him.

Superman, Getting Away, World at Your Feet, My Heart Will Wait, I Find the Light in You, and so many others.

All of his songs have a special meaning to him and they come from the heart. Being a singer is so much more then having a great voice (Which he does by the way...just sayin) it's about the soul you have that is put into the songs that you sing. Most singers and Joe included hope to inspire others and I am definitely inspired by his songs (and his sexy velvety voice). I feel like I know him in some way just through his songs because they tell so much.

Now that I've said that I love both singers and actors, I hope you get that I love them in different ways. Because they are different. And I love them for that. :D

P.S. Don't even get me started on Ewan McGregor. (Mulan Rouge....nuff said. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment