Friday, April 9, 2010

Thinking takes thought...

I know I shouldn't have to justify my actions or thoughts to others. But should I have to justify them to myself? If I can't figure out my motives for doing something then why am I even doing it? There has to be some kind of reasoning for it. Maybe it's just deep in the back of my mind and I am unwilling to admit the reasons why I do things. Or maybe it's right in front of me but I just can't see it. More like unwilling to see it. I feel like I should know the way my own mind works, or maybe this is a case in which I need to discover the way my subconscious works. But then again how many people can say that they are able to justify things that are in their subconscious? See, I don't know either. I think the things I do and the reasoning behind them are right on the tip of my tongue but I just don't want to taste them or actually have them go down my throat and have to digest them. I don't think I would want to have to digest something I don't have to. But what am I digesting? My own thoughts? The thoughts of others? What other people think of me? What I think of myself? I honestly don't know. It all comes back to question of why we do things. Are we doing them for the benefit of ourselves or for others? Again, I don't know.

So why do we do the things we do? That is the question that goes unanswered. Too bad this is the one answer I'm really looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment