Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Boy Who Lived...

So in my ILS 275 class this week, we are discussing fan culture and what better fan culture to discuss than that of Harry Potter? In my opinion, there is none better.

So I decided to compile a list of all of the Harry Potter fandom related things I could think of and as you can tell by the posting time that this sort of kept me up one night because I just kept thinking of more amazing things that Potterheads do.

So here it is:

1) Midnight Premieres: Books and movies

2) The Harry Potter Theme Park

3) The Harry Potter Exhibition

4) The Harry Potter Tribute Art Exhibition

5) The Harry Potter Alliance 

6) Leakycon

7) Pottermore

8) Merchandise

9) Parodies: A Very Potter Musical, A Very Potter Sequel, A Very Potter Senior Year, Potter Puppet Pals

10) Fanfiction

11) Tattoos

12) Tumblr blogs dedicated to Harry Potter. (There are way too many to mention so I only linked one) My own Tumblr blog isn't solely dedicated to Harry Potter but I post tons about it and the background is HP related.

12) The books have been translated into at least 67 different languages

13) Live stream of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 from London so everyone around the world could be a part of it.

14) Lord Voldemort Twitter Feed

15) Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Facebook page

16) Harry Potter Wikipedia page

So that's the Harry Potter fandom for you. Keep it up Potterheads. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment