Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Light Em Up...I'm on Fire

So it's always nice to see bands making a come back after they've been off the scene for a while and Fall Out Boy is definetely making a come back with their new song My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) which is a phenomenal song with some incredibly high notes. I'm amazed every time I hear the song at the fact that the lead singer can hit those notes at all. Now I don't normally listen to Fall Out Boy (which would explain why I almost wrote Linkin Park and don't actually know the lead singers name--of either bands) but that's not to say that they don't have good music. In fact, I just hear other songs instead of theirs. Also I guess I just get my punk/rock/alternative bands mixed up. I always for some reason think that Linkin Park sings Apologize which in fact they do not--One Republic does (who I fucking love beyond belief btdubs)--and maybe that's because I saw a music video or a live performance of the song Apologize and immediately thought that it sounded like Linkin Park (maybe I thought that the lead singer of One Republic looked like the Linkin Park guy because because at the time I wasn't really aware of One Republic) and just always thought that that's who sang it and that's stuck with me for years. And I actually can't think of any Linkin Park songs off the top of my head which probably goes to show how little I know about Linkin Park in the first place. Now wait...who sings Boulevard of Broken Dreams?....I totally just had to look that up (which is pretty sad considering that used to be my jam)and had a dumb blonde moment (apologies to any blondes or people who are dumb who may be offended by that statement or its combination of groups of people) when it said that Green Day sings that. Whatever, I clearly get my bands mixed up sometimes.

Anyway the point of this post was not to go off on a rant about how I can't tell the difference between certain songs/bands/band names. It was to talk about how awesome the new Fall Out Boy song is (which is pretty awesome).

So here's the music video if you haven't already seen it featuring 2 Chains.


No comments:

Post a Comment