Monday, October 8, 2012

We're Not a Sad Story

So I saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower yesterday I just have to say that I cried my eyes out. I cry every time I read the book but seeing all of it on screen really set the water works going. Even just listening to the epilogue from that video below makes me cry. Everything was just so perfect. That was the most beautiful and moving film I have seen in a really long time. It effected me right down to the core. It still effects me and I want to go and watch a thousand times over.

It's nice to know that we all go through stuff, we might not go through the same things that Charlie or Sam or Patrick go through but we all go through stuff and we are not alone. There will always be someone in this world who will listen and understand. You're not a sad story. You're a person...a person who learns to survive because you know that there are people out there looking out for you. People who love you; who don't want you to disappear.

There are people out there who will make you feel infinite.


Charlie's Last Letter

I don’t know if I will have the time to write any more letters because I might be too busy trying to participate.

So, if this does end up being the last letter, I just want you to know that I was in a bad place before I started high school and you helped me. Even if you didn’t know what I was talking about or know someone whose gone through it, you made me not feel alone. Because I know there are people who say these things don’t happen and there are people who forget what it’s like to be 16 when they turn 17.

I know these will all be stories someday, and our pictures will become old photographs, and we’ll all become somebody’s mom or dad. But right now, these moments are not stories. This is happening. I am here and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it: this one moment when you know you’re not a sad story. You are alive. And you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder.

And you’re listening to that song on the drive with that people that you love most in this world. And in this moment, I swear we are infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment