Monday, December 5, 2011

Let it Be

I've been thinking a lot lately about people. About people and how they live their lives. And what I've discovered is this:
We all share the same experiences but we don't have the same experience.
Confused? I'll explain.

Let's just say you know someone. Let's call her Sally. You and a bunch of other people are bound to know Sally as well. But you don't know Sally the way other people know Sally and vice versa.
Person 1: I really like Sally. She's my best friend.
Person 2: I really like Sally. I wish she didn't have a boyfriend so I could date her.
Person 3: I really like Sally. But I wish I knew how to break up with her without hurting her feelings.
Person 4: I don't like Sally. She's like permanently going through PMS.
Person 5: I fucking hate Sally. She stole my boyfriend. That bitch.
See? We all have the same experience but we don't have the same experience. Get it?

It just makes me wonder about how people go through life. Why do people do the things they do?

Here's another thing we all experience but don't have the same experience: College.
Person 1: I am so excited for college. No parents to tell me what to do!
Person 2: I am so excited for college. I get to finally learn what I want to learn. No bullshit.
Person 3: I am so excited for college. I get to get wasted whenever I want!
Person 4: FUCK YEAH! COLLEGE!! WHOOO!
Person 5: I hate college. There is too much work to do.
Person 6: I fucking hate college. Life sucks ass.
Again we have the same experience but we don't have the same experience.

I just what I'm really wondering about is life. Life is hard. At times. Life is simple. At times. But we all go through it. I guess what's important to know is how you go about dealing with everything you have to deal with. Doing things the way other people do them may not be right for you. You need to do what's best for you and it will eventually all work out in the end. It always does. Promise. I might just take a bumpy road, a sleepless night, a screaming match, some ugly crying, or a hug fest to get there.

But don't worry. You'll get there. You'll get where you're supposed to be going. You will. Experience as much as you and be as different as you can from those around you. You may have to experience the same things but you don't have to have a terrible experience. Life doesn't have to be hard. It can be simple. If you just let it.


No comments:

Post a Comment