Sunday, October 10, 2010

He has a point

It is true that there are issues out there that we only think apply to certain groups of people. Take breast cancer awareness month. Whose to say that it only affects women? Because it doesn't. Honestly, it didn't even cross my mind that men are effected as well. It's just a world wide thing to associate breast cancer with women. So I have thought long and hard about both sides and just so you know I'm not saying this just to agree with the person who got heated up about the issue. I however do agree with him and know he has a point. (Please believe that I am not trying to get into good graces with him, (not that I was out of them) it's just something I was thinking about and I have to put it out there (I mean I didn't even know what the whole "I like it on...." even meant in the first place))

I just mean that issues, like he said, should not be gender specific or any kind of specific. Anything that is wrong with the world effects every single living, breathing, creature on said world. Like we're learning in G & WS 102, women fought for equal rights and made changes to their lives. But even though it was women who were fighting for these things did this not also effect men? Of course it did. It effected men in just as many ways as it did women.

All I'm saying is that we should take everyone into consideration. We'll all important and we should be treated as such.

That is all.

Peace up, A-Town down. (Yeah, I wrote it)

No comments:

Post a Comment